Monday 1 February 2010

Sally Mann - What Remains


Sally Mann's 'What Remains' is a very inspirational DVD about her life and her work. She speaks about her work gone by, her children and new work. It is a very personal insight, with views of the relationship between her and her husband and the effect of his illness in their lives. It is an interesting watch for anyone, even with no interest in photography, but phenomenally fascinating if you do happen to have an interest. Her life is inspiration to me. The idea that you can have the life you want - live in the country with a massive house and have your family so close while still pursing and achieving a respectable career is massively inspiring. The place of my life that I find myself in, I feel that the combination of these things is always a sacrifice that has to be considered so I am very welcoming to the idea that they can be combined harmoniously.

I would recommend watching it, it really opened new doors for me. It can be bought of Amazon.com (link here) but word to the wise, it is a Region 2 DVD so will be American and will need a multi-regional DVD player if your playing it in any other wonderful part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment