Monday 25 January 2010

Richard Misrach Gallery Opening at Pace Wildenstein 14th Jan 10


I went down to the Richard Misrach opening at the Pace Wildenstein Gallery a few Thursday's ago and was very impressed with the show. The work is all displayed at a mass scale which only helps the feeling of being enveloped into these mammoth landscapes. The inversion of all the pieces never allows for presumptions of landscapes you may have seen before - these photos will make you look at familiar and unfamilar scenes in a new sense of detail and presicion. I found myself having to stare at some pieces for a few moments before being certain that I knew what I was looking at. Overall I came away feeling like I had just been a part of some ethereal destination. I would recommend people to go and take a look, and have a little bit of time to be able to fully take in the life size portals.


For more information on the exhibition click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment