Monday 1 February 2010

J. K Rowling Graduation Speech Harvard 2008


I have just come across this very moving speech by J.K Rowling at a Harvard graduation ceremony 2008. Her views on entering the world from the safe place of education and the impact that you can have on the world is inspiring and devout. Being a recent graduate myself, it reaffirms the need I have to succeed and questions what my version of success and merit is. I do believe that her speech comes from the heart and will impact for all that listen to it, whether they were there or not, intended for or not.

To listen to her speech click here.

1 comment:

  1. my favourite bit.... "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default."

    ReplyDelete